How Can I Boost My Immune System?
How can you strengthen your immune system? Overall, your immune system does a terrific job of protecting you against disease-causing microorganisms but sometimes it slips up and a germ gets you sick! When this happens is it possible to step in and help your immune system?
First and foremost, leading a healthy lifestyle will help keep your immune system in tip top shape. Sticking to healthy living habits is the best thing you can do to naturally keeping your immune system working properly.
Some healthy living habits that you can follow are:
- Don’t smoke
- Eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables
- Exercise regularly
- Maintain a healthy weight
- If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation
- Get adequate sleep
- Take steps to avoid infection, such as washing your hands frequently and cooking meats thoroughly
- Try to minimize stress
- Keep current with all recommended vaccines. Vaccines prime your immune system to fight off infections before they take hold in your body
There are also vitamins that you can buy that will boost or support immunity!
Some of those include:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin D
- Folic Acid
If you want to have strong immune system you must eat well! Think of what you’re putting in your body as fuel for your immune system to run off of to fight germs. Your body will thank you later if you maintain a well-balanced diet and say no to processed snacks and foods as much as you can. Fruits and veggies are your friends!
Comment down below some things you do to stay healthy!